[Mailman-i18n] Mailman 2.1.19 release

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Mar 1 19:59:21 CET 2015

On 03/01/2015 10:44 AM, Roland Miyamoto wrote:
> Thank you, Mark,
>
> For all your effort!
> I use Mailman on my two servers.
> They are both Debian 7, so Mailman is version 2.1.15.
> For some reason, archiving and digest are not working properly.
> So I'd like to upgrade to a later version.

There are various reasons why this could be, but if nothing else
changes, it is unlikely that upgrading will fix the problem.

You might try 'sudo /var/lib/mailman/bin/check-perms -f' and see if that
helps.

Also check Mailman's error log (/var/lib/mailman/logs/error).

To follow up or if you have other questions, please join the
mailman-users at python.org list at
request to that list.  Note that this is a publicly archived list.  Do
not post personal information that you don't want to expose to the world.

> Is there an elegant way to install / upgrade to 2.1.19 in Debian 7,
> without bypassing dpkg/apt, the Debian software package management?

Do you mean has anyone built a .deb for Mailman 2.1.19? I'm not aware of
one and I'm not a packaging guy.

If you mean can you upgrade your existing Mailman from source while
keeping things more or less as thet were installed from the Debian
package, see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/17891606>.