[Mailman-Users] only allowing members to post

Scott scott at chronis.pobox.com
Wed Nov 11 17:36:38 CET 1998

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 01:47:35AM -0500, Nathan Stratton wrote:

| I would like to setup mailman to only allow users subscribed to post to
| the list. I see mailman has a option to allow users not to post, but I
| would like to take it one step further. I don't want people to be able to
| send mail to the list unless they are subscribed and allowed to post. This
| will keep mail and users who are banned from sending mail to the list.

You should mark the list as allowing only members to post, then add
troublemakers to the the list of addresseses described as "addresses
whose postings are always held for approval". both these settings are
under admin/privacy.

| I am also looking for a way to modify the background color, text and other
| options on the CGI pages, is this possible?

It's possible, but unfortunately not easily configurable.  If you
search for "#ffffff" in the code and replace it with whatever color
you want, it'll probably do what you want.

scott