[Mailman-Users] Administrating without Admin password

Ken Manheimer klm at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Nov 18 16:30:46 CET 1998

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Szabo, Balazs wrote:

>   I  am the  mailman  owner on  a  site, and  I want  to  change a  list
> parameter.  How  can  I  do  that,  if  I  don't  know  the  listowner's
> password?

The mailman site administrator's password (created using the mailman
bin/mmsitepass script) should be accepted just about anywhere that
individual list administrator's or user's passwords are required.  This
fact should be featured prominently in the administrator's
documentation, which currently means the install guide, i guess...

Ken Manheimer		  klm at python.org	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

	# If you appreciate Python, consider joining the PSA! #
		  # <http://www.python.org/psa/>. #