[Mailman-Users] Stupid Admin Trick: lost a password

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Fri Apr 2 11:54:02 CEST 1999

Bill Bumgarner wrote:

> I'm a list admin on a box for which I also admin the mailman installation.
>
> Given that, I lost an admin password and want to recover it.
>
> Is there a way to do so and how?
>
> I imagine that this is probably a fairly common question asked by remote
> admins... i'm embarassed that I'm wheel on the machine and lost my own
> damned list password.

You can use the site administrative password to reset any list admin
password. Just enter the site password for the "old password" and then
enter your new password choice.

If you forgot the *site* password, then you must log onto the machine
and use the "mmsitepass" script to reset it.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/