[Mailman-Users] Release 1.0b11

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Sat Apr 3 18:36:33 CEST 1999

Okay folks, 1.0b11 is now available at www.list.org.  This is
basically a bug fix release addressing problems with case-preserving
addresses and archiving of Usenet gated newsgroups.  For you hardcore
debugging types, there's a new script called bin/withlist which you
can run like so:

% cd ~mailman
% python -i bin/withlist mylist
>>> m.members
{'bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us': 0}

withlist leaves you with a global variable `m' which is the MailList
object you opened.  Give withlist and optional second argument if you
want the list to be locked.

A note about upgrading.  I had to bump the DATA_FILE_VERSION number so
that the config.db got updated to deal with case-preserving addresses
in some situation.  I've been running this on python.org for a few
days now and it all seems to work, but please keep an eye out for
anything strange with your config.db file.

Enjoy,
-Barry