[Mailman-Users] Capitalization of list name

Ken Manheimer klm at digicool.com
Mon Apr 5 17:33:22 CEST 1999

> How do I stop mailman from changing the
> capitalization of list names? If I create
> a list called diva it changes it to Diva;
> if I create a list named GSRC it changes
> is to Gsrc. I would just like to turn
> this silly feature off.

Two settings on each list's general admin page control this.  Eg, for
'mailman-users' we would got to

	http://www.python.org/mailman/admin/mailman-users

and set the "public name of the list" (the very first setting) and the
"prefix for subject line of list postings" (the fifth or so).

I won't get into whether or not this is a silly feature.  The important
thing is that you can  set them as you wish.

Ken Manheimer
klm at digicool.com