[Mailman-Users] mailman & sendmail 8.9.3 problem

Chris Barnett Chris at ent.health.ufl.edu
Sat Apr 17 19:17:53 CEST 1999

Hi, I've been using mailman 1.0b9 problem free for a good bit now without
problem on a Redhat 5.2 system.

Of course, last night I decided to get adventurous and I upgraded my box to
the Redhat 5.9 Starbuck prerelease (or whatever it's called this week).
Everything went fine, including the upgrade to Sendmail 8.9.3 or so I
thought.

now whenever I try to send mail to any of my lists I get the following back
from the Mail Delivery Subsytem:
The original message was received at Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:44:05 -0400
from UFF-COM.UFF.UFL.EDU [128.227.33.150] (may be forged)

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test02"
    (expanded from: <test02-admin at uff-com.uff.ufl.edu>)

sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test02"... Service unavailable

I've tried 3 different lists and I get the same sort of thing.  So it looks
like it's reading the /etc/aliases file properly, but somehow my rights got
set incorrectly and sendmail can't access the wrapper.

So instead of being a good sysadmin and actually checking to see what the
problem was, I decided "Ah, upgrading to mailman 1.0b11 will fix it".  So I
upgraded and that went fine...but the error is still there.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chris Barnett
Web Desinger & Programmer