[Mailman-Users] unknown mailer error

Christopher Kolar ckolar at admin.aurora.edu
Mon Apr 26 18:59:54 CEST 1999

Hello everyone.  I have a feeling that this is a quick fix, but I could not
find anything about it in the archives.

I just did a new install on DEC OSF 4.0b of mailman b11 with Apache
1.3.4.  Everything on the web side seems to work, but I am getting an error
when trying to post or send things to the admin address.  I am getting this
response in the log files.

+++++
"|/usr/users/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd istest"
(expanded from: <istest-request at students.aurora.edu>)
----- Transcript of session follows -----554
"|/usr/users/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd istest"... unknown mailer error 2
+++++

The only configuration option that we set was for the main path.  I am not
sure if this means that we have to set a different uid/gid for the sendmail
or what.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--chris

--
 Christopher G. Kolar