[Mailman-Users] Re: unknown mailer error 2

Christopher Schulte christopher at schulte.org
Fri Aug 13 00:39:02 CEST 1999

An 'unknown mailer error 2' usually comes when the mailman wrapper is not
configure the with the correct
mail gid... This is a complicated issue.  Take a look at the readme/install
files for more info.

As for the http error, did you look and see that the user that the server
runs as has permission to read and execute the file?

I'd check to see if anyone has been messing with password files (perhaps a
UID has changed?) or other system configurations.  If things suddenly STOP
working, it's usually the result of someone poking where they should not
have. :-0  It may appear to be random, but I find this is almost never the
case.

Good luck.

--
NAME: Christopher Schulte