[Mailman-Users] SMTP error

Christopher Schulte christopher at schulte.org
Thu Aug 26 20:36:37 CEST 1999

At 04:08 PM 8/26/99 +0000, Prashant Murti wrote:

 >Hello,
 >
 >I'm a newbie to mailman and wasn't able to find info on this problem in
 >the archives or faq. In my mailman/logs/smtp-errors file, I get a message
 >like the following everytime mailman attempts to send mail anywhere:
 >
 >Aug 26 00:00:06 1999 TrySMTPDelivery: To pmurti at hotmail.com:
 >Aug 26 00:00:06 1999 TrySMTPDelivery:
 >Mailman.pythonlib.smtplib.SMTPRecipientsRefused  /
 >pmurti at hotmail.com: <pmurti at hotmail.com>... Relaying denied  (dequeued)
 >
 >I'm running RedHat Linux 6.0 - what do I need to do differently ? TIA,

It looks to me like you could possibly need to add 127.0.0.1 (or whichever
interface connects to the smtp server) to the sendmail allowable relay
hosts file.  Give that a shot.

--
NAME: Christopher Schulte
MAIL: christopher at schulte.org
SITE: http://www.schulte.org/
FINGER: christopher at shell.schulte.org

"How can't we be happy, when we live in a
world where pizza is just a phone call away?!"
--Christopher Schulte