[Mailman-Users] Web submissions, Search archives

Lee Marzke tallyho at voicenet.com
Fri Aug 27 21:09:48 CEST 1999

For web based replies and such, you might want to look at hypernews
instead.   www.hypernews.org

I agree an interface to MHonarc would be nice.  This would also allow
MIME attachments to be viewed directly from the web.  The current
mailman archiver doesn't do a good job here.

Lee Marzke

At 11:40 AM 8/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Mailman rocks.  This is one of the best looking/working products (freeware
>or not) around!
>
>I would be interested in having more WebBBS type features for our less
>savvy and more impatient users.  Specifically this would mean the ability
>to reply to a message in the archive from a web page without being a list
>member.  Has anyone done anything like this already?  If not, is there a
>way to pipe mail into Mailman and get it to temporarily ignore if the user
>is signed up?
>
>Has anyone out there added search capabilities to the archiving?  Perhaps
>interfaced it to MhonArc or another archiver that already provides search?
>
>David Aue
>Nirvis Systems

Lee Marzke N84176 (P28A)                    <lee at n99.com>

Software Engineering Consultant
Linux Servers, Linux/Win Integration, Avionics