[Mailman-Users] Exim and mailman - HOWTO

Tomas Fasth tomas at euronetics.se
Tue Aug 31 19:43:55 CEST 1999

Christian Dysthe wrote:

> I have been using Exim and Mailman for a while running a couple of
> lists. I am running Debian (SLink). I have had no serious problems
> making this combo work. I read some mailing list archives about how to
> set it up. Pretty straight forward, and as I said, it works great. The
> only real change I had to do was to make Exim run as a daemon instead
> of from inetd.

I have Debian 2.1 installed. I use exim in combination with mailman. I run
exim from inetd. I have no problem with this configuration.

> Does this mean that this HOWTO doesn't apply for Debian. or have I
> missed something?

In your current config, for each created list you need to update the alises to
reflect this new list, right? By using Nigel's suggested config, you don't
have to bother about updating aliases any more. Isn't that great?

Cheers, Tomas