[Mailman-Users] apache ScriptAlias problem...

Neil ''Fred'' Picciotto fred at derf.net
Sat Dec 4 12:24:24 CET 1999

so i'm installing mailman, and everything was going fine up until i got to
the part where i first try to access the admin web page for my test list.

i get 404s for anything within http://some.domain/mailman/ .  now, i know,
this is the very first question in the faq.  but i've done what the faq
says and it still doesn't work.

here's what i added to my /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

# stuff for mailman
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /home/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /mailmanlogo/ /home/mailman/logo/
Alias /pipermail/ /home/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /home/mailman/archives/public>
Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

any idea why apache might not obey the ScriptAlias directive?
incidentally, the two Aliases there don't seem to work either.

and yes, i have restarted httpd, by running "/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop"
and then "... start".

oh, by the way, this is on redhat 5.2...  and in case there's any reason
it might affect anything, i have apache doing virtual hosting...

thanks for any help!  i'm really stuck!

...derF\lieN

Neil "Fred" Picciotto -=- fred at derf.net
new and improved! -=- http://www.derf.net/ -=- now with actual content!