[Mailman-Users] Cascading lists

Marc Merlin marc_news at valinux.com
Wed Dec 8 03:17:43 CET 1999

I've seen the umbrella_list and umbrella_member_suffix options, but in my
case, I have lists cascaded as such:

 events
announce
  talk

People on talk receive messages from announce, which itself receives the
messages from events.

People will subscribe to one of the three lists.

It looks like mailman would need a  special cascaded flag for a user so that
it doesn't  send the password  reminder there  (otherwise all the  people on
talk will receive a monthly password reminder from announce and events)

Also, it would save me from doing really ugly stuff like this:
afscv-talk:              "|sed -e 's/Subject: .Afscv-Announce. /Subject: /' -e '/mailing list/,$ d' | sed '$ d' | sed '$ d' |sed '$ d' |/var/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post afscv-talk"

I have to remove the [tag] and the lines added as a footer, otherwise they
pile up.

Are there plans to have mailman do this?

Thanks,
Marc

Finger marc_f at merlins.org for PGP key and other contact information