[Mailman-Users] Sequence numbers

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Jan 7 00:03:37 CET 1999

    FC> I was wondering if there was a way of putting a sequence
    FC> number on the subject line of the list messages. The system we
    FC> have been using is that every mail message gets a sequence
    FC> number put in the header or subject line so we can refer to it
    FC> easily eg:

    | [maillist msg: 1]
    | [maillist msg: 2]
    | etc...

    FC> How would I go about doing this in Mailman ?

There's no support for this, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to
hack in.  You'd probably add this to MailList.Post(), and you'd
probably want to add a new attribute to the class which is the
sequence number.  This would get incremented for every message and
saved to the list's database file.

-Barry