[Mailman-Users] Web-based e-mail using mailman?

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Sun Jan 31 01:43:29 CET 1999

g.c.prasad at usa.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just subscribed to this list, and since there's no FAQ, I'm posting this question to the list:
>
> Does mailman provide a way for a website to offer Hotmail-style web-based e-mail to its users? That would be a very useful feature, i my opinion. I have been looking for such a (free) tool, but there doesn't seem to be one available.

Mailman is a mailing list manager -- it only handles mailing lists.

There are free packages out there that provide hotmail-style mail.
http://freshmeat.net is a good resource for that, although it is
currently down (it is hosted by RedHat which is moving offices right
now). I recall seeing at least two or three packages to offer such
functionality.

Cheers,
-g

--