[Mailman-Users] Migrate majordomo to Mailman

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Jul 14 19:48:16 CEST 1999

    VG> We used $prefix/bin/convertlist successfully to migrate quite
    VG> a lot of lists from petti-domo to mailman.

bin/convertlist doesn't exist anymore (it was really misnamed
anyway because it didn't set any list parameters).  However,
bin/add_members can be used to take a sendmail :include: style flat
file like Majordomo uses (tho' I'm not sure about pettidomo) and
populate a list's membership.  add_members has a few options so you'll
want to do a bin/add_members -h to read the docstring.

I used this script to convert all the straggler Majordomo lists on
python.org to Mailman.

-Barry