[Mailman-Users] Dropped SMTP Connections

Harald Meland Harald.Meland at usit.uio.no
Sat Jun 5 23:46:37 CEST 1999

[Dave Cinege]

> Tomaz Borstnar wrote:
> >
> > At 22:24 1.6.99 , Jerry Alexandratos wrote the following message:
> > >May 25 15:23:21 1999 TrySMTPDelivery:
> > >Mailman.pythonlib.smtplib.SMTPServerDisconnected  / Connection
> > >unexpectedly closed  (dequeued)
> > >Any ideas what could be causing this and what I can do to fix it?

You should have a close look at what was going on in the panic, reject
and main Exim logs around that time.  Off the top of my head, I can't
think of any config option that will allow Exim to abort sessions
unexpectedly like this.

> I think I saw this too. (Though in eximon).
> I commented out: recipients_max = 15 and I *THINK* that is what stopped
> it.

Hopefully not -- that option will cause Exim to give 452 responses for
all recipients over the limit -- it won't cause Exim to disconnect.

Mailman dequeues messages that seem to generate serious problems for
the receiving MTA (which an unexpected disconnection certainly is an
indication of).  If Mailman dequeued the message due to getting 452
Harald