[Mailman-Users] wrapper problems with sendmail, help

John-David Childs jdc at nterprise.net
Thu May 13 17:47:20 CEST 1999

On Thursday May 13, 1999, John Lewis <jlewis at prospace.org>
 had this to say about "[Mailman-Users] wrapper problems with sendmail, help":

> I recently had to reinstall sendmail.  Now this is what I get:

Grep your sendmail.cf file for "smrsh" (sendmail restricted shell).
If you have it, then the mailman wrapper program has to be copied
from ~mailman/mail to the "sm.bin" directory where smrsh looks for
"authorized" programs to run.  Sometimes this is /etc/adm/sm.bin,
or /usr/libexec/sm.bin, or /usr/local/etc/sm.bin (check the documentation
or source code you compiled).

Hehe...I just looked at the INSTALL file in the mailman distribution and
your question is right there, already answered.