[Mailman-Users] Read-Only lists

John-David Childs jdc at nterprise.net
Thu May 20 15:11:54 CEST 1999

On Wednesday May 19, 1999, Adonis El Fakih <bareed at ayna.com>
 had this to say about "[Mailman-Users] Read-Only lists":

> Hello to all,
>
> Can some one help me find out how to set up a read-only mailing list?

The only way I've managed to do this is as follows:

On the GENERAL options page:

	Send mail to poster when messages held for approval = no

On the PRIVACY options page:
	Posts must be approved by administrator = yes
	restrict posting privilege to list members = yes

	Then set up the list of email addresses which can post
		without moderation

List members will be able to send messages all they want,
but the messages will be held for approval (and they won't
be notified (or, you could choose to notify them if you
wish).  Then, essentially at your leisure, you can discard them
all as spam from the "Tend to administrative tasks" page

--
John-David Childs (JC612)	Enterprise Internet Solutions
Systems Administration          http://www.nterprise.net