[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] stalled connection: archive locks?

Ricardo Kustner ricardo at miss-janet.com
Sat May 22 21:25:36 CEST 1999

Hi,

On 22-May-99 Harald Meland wrote:
> The number is the process ID (pid) of the locking process.  If you do
> a "ps auxww | grep #####" (substituting "#####" with a number from a
> lock file), does any Mailman processes show up?

i tried once to look for that pid but i couldn't find it in ps... i'll try it
again.

> Looks like one of your pipermail archive databases (located under
> ~mailman/archive/private/LISTNAME/database/) is corrupt.
>  Sorry to say, I don't know very much about these database files --
> but, if you have a plain mbox archive of the list as well (located in
> ~mailman/archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox), I guess the

thanks for the help... i've re-archived the mailinglist mbox, but now
i'm getting errors in other places... to be honest, my mailman
setup is a bit messy because i had to hurry with switching from majordomo and
the permission problems were taking too much time.... it's really confusing
that several different uid's on the server use the system (apache, exim and
mailman through cron)... maybe i need to start cleaning it up ... if only there
was some information somewhere on what exactly needs to be the permission
settings for every directory/file (most of my directories are SGID)... i'd
give my right arm for a check_permissions.sh script ;)

> > ps: don't you all agree mailman needs more publicity?
> Well, if it's _good_ publicity, then yes, of course :)
at first i subscribed to the digest of mailman-users cause i was afraid i would
get too much email...but it's nothing i can't handle...

Ricardo.