[Mailman-Users] Bug in nightly cron job

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue Nov 9 17:51:59 CET 1999

Quoting Barry A. Warsaw (bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us):

>     PT> First night running mailman, and I don't know python yet.
>     PT> What does this mean?
>
> What version of Python are you using?  I think strptime was added
> after Python 1.5.1 so I would suggest you upgrade to 1.5.2.  It's also
> possible your underlying operating system doesn't have a strptime.

I'm using RedHat Linux 6.0.  It's claiming it's using python 1.5.1.
    $ rpm -q python
    python-1.5.1-10

man strptime shows that there is one in the C library.

I'll try 1.5.2.  Shouldn't configure check for this sort of thing?  I know the
mod_perl configure checks for the appropriate perl version.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster