[Mailman-Users] list memberships reminders, bounces

Christopher Kolar ckolar at admin.aurora.edu
Fri Oct 1 16:06:41 CEST 1999

On Fri, 01 Oct 1999, Karel  wrote:
> I have switched the 'monthly membership reminders' off for both my lists.
>
> Does this affect Mailman's bounce-behaviour?
> (Are the bounces to these 'monthly reminders' essential for the automatic
> bounce control?)

On a related note, I was wondering why the bounces for the monthly
reminders are sent to mailman-owner (just an alias to me) instead of to a
bounce handler.  It seems that this is a great opportunity to do a monthly
membership probe for low-traffic lists, but as far as I can tell MM is
none the wiser for the 30 error messages that show up in my mailbox.

Any thoughts, or is this something that is being looked into for later?

--chris

--
 Christopher G. Kolar