[Mailman-Users] Can't change with admin pages
starback at ling.uu.se
Mon Oct 11 16:13:45 CEST 1999
Does anyone recognize this or know what to do about it?
I have one Mailman list for which I can't change the settings with the
What I do:
* I go to the mailman/admin/LISTNAME page.
* I give the password (I use the site password).
* I get the General Options. I change something and press Submit
* Now I get a new "administrative authentication" page! (not good)
When I type in the password again I get the General Options page
again, without any changes.
* (The same goes for other configuration categories as well, although
I haven't tried them all)
What I have checked:
* It works fine for other mailman mailing lists at the same server.
* I get the same result with Netscape and Lynx so it probably hasn't
to do with my web client. (In particular not with old values in my
* There are no errors about this in mailman/logs/error.
* mailman/bin/check_db reports that config.db "is fine".
* I've also used bin/withlist to test if it is possible to update the
$ python -i withlist LISTNAME
>>> m.num_spawns = 6
This seemed to have worked. In the web interface I can see the new
value (although I still can't set it).
Per Starback <starback at ling.uu.se> <http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/me.html>
"Life is but a gamble! Let flipism chart your ramble!"
More information about the Mailman-Users