[Mailman-Users] Creating New List via Web Interface

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Thu Sep 23 00:29:04 CEST 1999

At 12:15 PM 9/22/99 -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
>The differences from a "real" list would be that no mail aliases
>would be created and config.db would contain a flag indicating that
>this is a proposed list rather than an instantiated list.  The
>benefit of this approach is that very little would have to change in
>the rest of MailMan.  All the normal admin and configuration
>interfaces would work just as per normal without a single line of
>source having to be touched, modulo the following exceptions:
>
>   listinfo and admin would have to be touched to either not list
>proposed lists, or to list them seperately from the real lists.

Why a new flag?  Just create it as a hidden list.  Which I recommend be
the default anyway.  Before hitting return to let newlist send email, I zip
over to the config page, stick it the right virtual domain, and hide it... Then
I tell the admin to unhide it when he has it configured the way he wanted it,
and is ready for people to see it...