[Mailman-Users] Mailman Defaults.py file

Jim Tittsler jwt at dskk.co.jp
Fri Apr 7 02:55:00 CEST 2000

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 04:19:51PM -0500, Melissa G. Ng wrote:
> How do I make changes to the "Defaults.py" file take effect?  I have
> already configured lists, but for future ones, I want lists to have
> different configurations.  Do I need to do anything special for the
> "Defaults.py" file to take effect?

No.  New lists will take the values you specify in Mailman/Defaults.py.
But as I mentioned just a couple of days ago, you can over-ride any of
the settings in Defaults.py with your Mailman/mm_cfg.py file.  Read
Defaults.py to find the variable names and their meanings, and then
set them at the end of your mm_cfg.py to suit your site.  (That technique
should allow your site specific customizations to persist through mailman
version updates.)

.. http://www.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2000-April/004667.html

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo