[Mailman-Users] A Vote Against Passwords

William R. Dickson wrd at awenet.com
Tue Aug 1 16:21:00 CEST 2000

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 blurr at txraves.org wrote:

> i second this.  i wish people had the ability to sub/unsub without
> using a password.
> >
> >     I vote to have the password facilities in Mailman toned down. I
> >     would like them removed but at least to make this optional.

That kind of opens subscriptions up to mischief, doesn't it?  Or do you
propose going to an entirely confirmation-mail method of ensuring people
aren't subscribed/unsubscribed without their consent?

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd at awenet.com   http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/  (PGP public key available)

     My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but Mrs. Spade
     didn't raise any children dippy enough to make guesses in front
     of a district attorney, and an assistant district attorney, and a
     stenographer.
					   -Sam Spade