[Mailman-Users] Bug after update to 2.0b4 II

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Tue Aug 1 22:38:04 CEST 2000

Jim Tittsler wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 01:17:41PM +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> > PS: I found the mails all queued in /users2/mailman/qfiles
> > What now?
>
> You need to reload misc/crontab.in for the mailman user so that
> the qfiles are processed. (See the UPGRADING and INSTALL files.)

Yes, it's really hard to see how Barry could stress this more:

UPGRADING FROM 2.0 beta to 2.0 final

    The cron jobs for Mailman 2.0 final have changed considerably,
    including the frequency with which they run.  You should reload
    misc/crontab.in for the `mailman' user to get the right settings.
    See the INSTALL file for details.

    FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT IN A LESS THAN OPTIMALLY FUNCTIONAL
    MAILMAN INSTALLATION.