[Mailman-Users] When a password gets lost

Bill Carlson wcarlson at vh.org
Wed Aug 2 15:50:47 CEST 2000

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, David Oscroft wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> I was wondering, is it possible to obtain the admin password for a list if
> some bright person changes it and forgets what it is ?
>
> I manage several lists under Mailman version 1.1

You can't recover it, but you can change it. Log into the list admin page
with the site password, then change the admin password.

If you forgot the site password, see bin/mmsitepass.

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer    bill-carlson at uiowa.edu	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|