[Mailman-Users] Everything's a bug?

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun Aug 13 07:07:54 CEST 2000

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, Virginia Beauregard wrote:

> I do not believe suEXEC and Mailman are compatible with the initial
> installation of Mailman. Why?  Double check the suEXEC security model,
> which outlines all the checks which are made before a CGI is allowed to
> run suEXEC:

Actually, mailman DOES work with suEXEC.  But not how you'd expect.  The
suEXEC security model errs on the side of caution.  If it cannot run the
CGI as the owner of the CGI, then it runs it as the web server user.

So suEXEC still works for files that are in the docroot (of the web server
and userdirs), but not the mailman files... so as far as mailman is
concerned, there is no suEXEC.

Everything related to the web interface of suEXEC is now working
fine... see my next post.
J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin