[Mailman-Users] sendmail error.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Aug 14 02:33:49 CEST 2000

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:
> > Wait wait... then why does /var/log/mail.err say:
> > Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 8, GOT gid 1.  (Reconfigure to take 1?)
> Because sendmail doesn't give it 8; it gives it 1.  Mailman is generating
> that error, saying that it tried to run as uid/gid 8 (that's what was
> specified as an option to 'configure'), but sendmail said "No, I can only
> give you uid/gid 1."

Well, this is, of course, perfectly reasonable and I should have been able
to infer from the error and the colon and all what generated the error...

so I guess I'm asking why, when I originally compiled mailman with only a
--prefix=/usr/local/mailman, why did it try to use 8 when 'other daemon'
is the default and other does not exist, but daemon is 1?

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net