[Mailman-Users] Help moving archives.

Chris Snyder gopher at aol.net
Mon Aug 21 19:52:04 CEST 2000

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Luis F. Lacayo wrote:

>I need someone advice.
>
>I lost a hard drive which had all of my lists.  I have a tar backup, can I
>just overlay what I had before on to the mailman directory?
>
>Thanks

I should work.

Assuming:

1) All your ownerships and perms are the same as the tar ball.

2) your /etc/aliases is correct for all the lists you have in the tarball

I've done tarballs and exploded them over exsisting directories and that
works ok.

Chris.

 Chris Snyder  --  gopher at aol.net  --  WebOps SysAdmin  --  America Online