[Mailman-Users] Mailman as spam generator

Thomas Gramstad thomas at ifi.uio.no
Wed Aug 23 17:27:30 CEST 2000

On the Privacy admin page under "Hold posts with header value
matching a specified regexp" I've added several items and they
work, but...
when someone sends a spam message to 10 of my mailing lists,
Mailman produces 10 new messages, one per list, about ten
messages waiting for approval.  And Mailman sends 10 such
messages at least once or a couple of times a day.

In other words: Mailman is a spam machine.  It generates as
much spam as the spammers themselves.

What I want Mailman to do, is not to hold the posts with
those header values for approval; I want Mailman to delete
them, forward them to dev/null, without me ever having to
see them or know about their shortlived existence.
How can I make Mailman do that?  Is it really impossible in
current versions of Mailman?  If so, this is a HUGE, GIANT
FLAW in Mailman.

Thomas Gramstad
thomas at ifi.uio.no