[Mailman-Users] Upgrade strategy?

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 24 01:53:56 CEST 2000

I haven't been following the 2.0 beta bug list lately, and I need some
upgrade advice.

We want to upgrade our Mailman installation to 2.0 for the coming
year.  It's not plain to me that a 2.0 release will be available before
classes resume in mid-September, though, so I'm considering an interim
upgrade to a 2.0 beta now, while our active user count is low, and a
final upgrade to 2.0 later on.

We're running 1.0rc2 now, and don't really want to run another academic
year on pre-release code -- especially not this one -- so an upgrade
seems essential.

Does this seem reasonable to people who've used the 2.0 series so far?
Are there any major problems to watch out for in the current beta
version, such that it would make more sense to wait and do the whole
thing at once -- even if that's *after* school starts and all our users
are back in full swing?  We might settle for 1.1 that's the
overwhelmingly preferred answer, but since 2.0 contains fixes we're
kind of counting on, we'd rather not.


 -D.	dgc at uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list