[Mailman-Users] Slow Performance on semi-large lists

D.J. Atkinson dj at pcisys.net
Thu Dec 14 18:12:16 CET 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

>>>make sure you have
>>  >SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 10
>>I've experienced similar issues to Neil, but it's usually only 1-3
>>addresses causing the problem,
>right. And if you don't tweak smtp_max_rcpts, those slow addresses
>force everyone delivered AFTER them to be held up. smpt_max-rcpts
>breaks teh delivery into many small batches, so any single slow
>address doesn't impact the entire delivery. If you don't change this
>value, every slow or down machine will kill your delivery. Until you
>do, nothing else you tweak will make much difference.

After reading some of the other posts, I think maybe I miscommunicated my
problem, and maybe it's not quite like Neil's after all.

My probem is getting things from Mailman's qrunner into the sendmail queue
using the SMTPDirect module because sendmail takes up to 160 seconds per
name to reject names being fed to it from qrunner that it can't lookup.

[If it were a problem after it got to sendmail, I probably would have
chosen a sendmail specific forum to deal with it, so as not to drag this
list off topic.]

Sorry for any confusion.

DJ

--
       o o o o o o o . . .                                  _______
  _/oo OOOO OOOO oo` 'ooooo ooooo` 'o!o            o!o` 'o!o         o!o`