[Mailman-Users] Public list doesn't show

Peter Funk pf at artcom-gmbh.de
Fri Jan 14 08:54:04 CET 2000

John Wingenbach wrote:
> I just installed mailman-1.1.  Everything looked fine up until I noticed that not all my
> lists are showing.  I have them all listed as being listable to the public.  However, only 2
> out of 4 show.
> On the webpage, the lists all say:
> Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this machine?  YES
> Any help?

I had a similar problem.  It had to do with the entry
"Host name this list prefers. (Details)" on the admin page:
Since I use Mailman 1.1 only in our so called "Intranet" behind
a firewall, I entered the hostname without the domain.  'artcom7'
in my case.  Now the Lists appear under
but not under
which should be the same.

May be I've got something wrong with my webserver.
BTW: This is on Intel SuSE Linux 5.3 running Apache 1.3.0 and using
Python 1.5.2.  I can mail configuration details, if there is anybody

Regards, Peter
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, 27777 Ganderkesee, Tel: 04222 9502 70, Fax: -60