[Mailman-Users] Public list doesn't show

Peter Funk pf at artcom-gmbh.de
Fri Jan 14 08:54:04 CET 2000

Hi!
John Wingenbach wrote:
> I just installed mailman-1.1.  Everything looked fine up until I noticed that not all my
> lists are showing.  I have them all listed as being listable to the public.  However, only 2
> out of 4 show.
>
> On the webpage, the lists all say:
>
> Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this machine?  YES
>

> Any help?

I had a similar problem.  It had to do with the entry
"Host name this list prefers. (Details)" on the admin page:
Since I use Mailman 1.1 only in our so called "Intranet" behind
a firewall, I entered the hostname without the domain.  'artcom7'
in my case.  Now the Lists appear under
	http://artcom7/mailman/listinfo
but not under
	http://artcom7.artcom-gmbh.de/mailman/listinfo
which should be the same.

May be I've got something wrong with my webserver.
BTW: This is on Intel SuSE Linux 5.3 running Apache 1.3.0 and using
Python 1.5.2.  I can mail configuration details, if there is anybody
interested.

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, 27777 Ganderkesee, Tel: 04222 9502 70, Fax: -60