[Mailman-Users] Mail DOmains & mailman lists

David Sexton david.sexton at sapphire.net
Mon Jan 24 12:55:38 CET 2000

Hi,

	I've recently installed mailman and got it to do *almost* what I want.

	I need to make it available for use for our users on different mail
domains, so that there is no 'namespace' clash (i.e. list at domain1.com is
different from list at domain2.com).

	I have managed to get most of the way there by embedding the domain
name into the internal list name (i.e. list(@domain.com) would be known
to mailman as 'domain-com-list') and then munge the mail aliases so that
the wrapper gets the correct parameters when mail is sent to
list at domain.com. The general settings page is modifed to show the
'visible' list-name (list) in the prefix and hostname options.

	The General options screen states that changing the 'public name' of
the list will cause bad things to happen as it will be advertised as the
email address. This is what I want to happen. Unfortunately, it isn't.
So instead of subscribers being told that the address of the list is
'list at domain.com', they would get 'domain-com-list at domain.com'.

	Can anyone give me some pointers to what I should be doing? I don't
mind hacking code but I don't know Python (although it shouldn't be that
difficult to pick up).

	Regards,

		Dave
--
David Sexton

Network Technician
Sapphire Technologies Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0) 1642 702100
Fax: +44 (0) 1642 702119

Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual and not necessarily the company.  This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.

Sapphire Internet
http://www.sapphire.net