[Mailman-Users] Re-loading Changed Mailman Config Files - How?

Mark Herzog mherzog at brant.bio.uaf.edu
Thu Jan 27 21:12:00 CET 2000

1) There is a command add_members which will add all users in a specific
text file (one email per line)... (found in same directory as newlist -
.../mailman/bin/)
	e.g. add_members -n new_users.txt

2)  A lot of these modifications can be done on the admin web pages
http://your.host/mailman/admin/your_list/
	Then you won't have to worry about the locations of the files.

3)  You can make a group private or public....  The private archives require
a password to get in...  You're going to need that alias in there if you
want Apache to recognize the links and allow access.

4) Mine are in srm.conf not httpd.conf... not sure if that will matter...
seems like it might.

5) The <Directory $where_you_installed_mailman/mailman/archives/public>
	Options FollowSymLinks
	allow,deny, etc. etc.
		This is the command that allows access to the public archives and not the
private. it needs to be in srm.conf also.

6) When you subscribe them there is no confirmation needed...
    You're other choices could include approval from you... then no
confirmation is needed.
	All of this can be done on the admin web page... which is, in general, much
easier to use when just getting it going.

Mark Herzog
University of Alaska Fairbanks
ftmph at uaf.edu