[Mailman-Users] broadcast-type lists

Harold Paulson haroldp at sierraweb.com
Fri Jul 21 21:39:39 CEST 2000

Hi,

I'm quickly learning how important email is to web development.  I
have quite a few clients interested in broadcast-type email lists.
The "Keep me informed about your Widgets" type of email lists (NO
SPAM).  Is mailman suitable for this?

I have been trying to build a configuration to test this out, but I
have run into a few snags.  I'd like to replace the standard "You are
subscribed" email message with a custom one, but I can't get it to
send the user's password.  I spent a few hours digging through source
trying to enable a %(password)s option, but I can't Python my way out
of a wet paper bag.

Any help would be appreciated

  	- H

Harold Paulson                  Sierra Web Design
haroldp at sierraweb.com           http://www.sierraweb.com
VOICE: 775.833.9500             FAX:   810.314.1517