[Mailman-Users] bounce logs messages

Scott Russell scottrus at raleigh.ibm.com
Thu Mar 9 20:10:44 CET 2000

Ashley / All -

Okay, this helps a bit. I also am using the CVS version from week 02/23/00. I didn't see any
of these messages until March 6th, 2wks after I used add_members to subscribe people to the
list. (I didn't use the web interface.)

I saw one of these messages on the 6th, three on the 8th, and more than 25 on the 9th (today).
I'm was looking for more patterns and notice this:

  <snip>
  Mar 09 03:19:47 2000 (18491) ibm-linux-tech: joe_user at us.ibm.com - 2 more allowed over
   431565 secs
  <snip>
  Mar 09 04:25:16 2000 (20501) ibm-linux-tech: joe_user at us.ibm.com - 0 more allowed over
   427636 secs
  <snip>

What's caught my eye here is that this user went from 2 more allowable bounces to 0 allowable
bounces over the last hour. What happend to 1 more allowable?

Here are my bounce settings for this list. I've verified that I do not get more than 20msgs
per hour by checking the time stamps in the archives.

  Min days an addr has been Unreachable: 5
  Min posts to list since first bounce before removal: 3
  Max msgs list gets in an hour: 20
  Action when crit / excessive bounces detected: Disable and Notify

Question: Does anyone know how to reset these counters for all users on a list? Perhaps
through the withlist shell?

-- Scott