[Mailman-Users] Unknown mailer error 1

Tom Madron tmadron at ewc-inc.com
Fri Mar 10 21:45:13 CET 2000

Yes, I did the --with-mail-gid parameter.  When that is not set properly
the response is similar to what is suggested int he documentation for
Mailman with an "Unknown mailer error 2" along with a notice about the
wrong gid.

By the way, I can pipe a file through the same path to wrapper that is
specified in the aliases file and no errors are generated.

Tom

At 10:47 AM 03/10/2000 -0800, Christopher C. Petro wrote:
>>We  have been unable to get Mailman operational.  We're running on a
>>Linux machine (Kernel 2.0.35) with the commercial version of Sendmail
>>8.9.2.  We get a persistent "Unknown mailer error 1" error message.  The
>>transcript of our latest effort follows:
>
>         When doing the /configure did you set --with-mail-gid properly?
> IIRC, the first time I installed mailman (well, more than that but...) I
> didn't set this, and this was one of the messages I received.
>--
>We have only come here seeking knowledge
>Things they would not teach us of in college.--The Police
>
>http://www.atypon.com                              petro at atypon.com

Tom Madron           Telephone: 1-732-274-9616; FAX:  1-732-274-9615
Enterprise-Wide Computing, Inc.       P.O. Box 931; 417 Georges Road
tmadron at ewc-inc.com; URL: http://www.ewcnet.com     Dayton, NJ 08810