[Mailman-Users] mailman improvement suggestion (cookies problemes)

Ricardo Kustner ricardo at rixhq.nu
Wed Mar 15 20:29:17 CET 2000

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 10:15:27AM -0500, Jean-Bernard ADDOR wrote:
> Pierre-Martin set the system clock last night, without any effect, some of
> our lists are still no more working, as if we didn't used cookies with our
> browsers.
> Your patch would be very welcome. If you indicate from witch line of the
> existing code you take inspiration or copy, I'll have a look and I'll try
> to understand. It will like it.

well it turns out the functionality is already there in the code, but commented out :)
have a look at ~mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py, around line 273, and remove the
'##' in front of these three lines:

##    form.AddItem('Admin password: ')
##    form.AddItem(PasswordBox('adminpw'))
##    form.AddItem('<p>')

This way, you can manually type the password when submitting the pending posts...

I hope this is what you're looking for...

Ricardo.