[Mailman-Users] Archives (another feature question)

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Mar 22 19:03:57 CET 2000

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:31:50 -0800
alex wetmore <alex at phred.org> wrote:

> MHonArc seems to provide search capabilities, but the sites that
> I've seen setup with it only allow you to search within a given
> month.  That is really annoying for lists which have years of
> traffic.

MHonArc does not provide indeving, it merely does the HTML
transaltions and cataloguing of email.  As the format of the
producted HTML is near infinitely configurable, you can then throw
in any choice of search tools.

As mentioned previously, I use MHonArc for indexing and UdmSearch
(atop MySQL) for search, and yes, my list archives go back to 1997
and they're all searchable at once.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu