[Mailman-Users] Upgrade problems - please help

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Sat Mar 25 21:03:17 CET 2000

On my test server (thank heaven) I just upgraded (?) to Mailman 2.0beta1.
I first upgraded from Python 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 as the instructions said was
necessary and then built and installed the new Mailman. now when i ty to
access either the listinfo or the admin page I get an error. the traceback
is:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 37, in main
    FormatListinfoOverview()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 85, in FormatListinfoOverview
    mlist = MailList.MailList(n, lock=0)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 71, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 881, in Load
    self.CheckVersion(dict)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 912, in CheckVersion
    Update(self, stored_state)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/versions.py", line 52, in Update
    NewRequestsDatabase(l)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/versions.py", line 217, in
NewRequestsDatabase
    r = getattr(l, 'requests', {})
TypeError: getattr requires exactly 2 arguments; 3 given

The TypeError listed for both is the same. Has anyone else seen this and
can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks in advance.

--Richard

Richard B. Pyne, KB7RMU