[Mailman-Users] posts from unsubscribed addresses

Darxus darxus at Op.Net
Tue Mar 28 18:10:06 CEST 2000

When people send email to our list from an unsubscribed address, they get
a responce like this:

And the message goes in a queue to be processed manually by a moderator.
It's agravating.  Instead, I'd like the message to say "Your message did
NOT get posted to the mailing list.  Go to
http://lists.nothinbut.net/mail/listinfo/plug to subscribe, then resend
it."  And not have it put into any queue.

Also, from time to time it holds messages because of something having to
do with "implicit destination".  This seems to happen whenever the mailing
list is not the only address in the To: field, or is not in the To: filed
(Cc or Bcc).

I've read through the general options,
http://www.aurora.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-administration-0.2.html, and
skimmed http://www.list.org/faq.html, and didn't see any way to do either
of these.  What would it take to do them ?