[Mailman-Users] Trouble configuring mailman

Alexander S Coventry alex_c at MIT.EDU
Thu May 11 21:23:09 CEST 2000

Hi.  I have the web page for mailman up, but I'm having a little trouble
getting the mailing list to work.  I can get the confirmation message,
but when I try to reply to it, I am getting the following error:

> The original message was received at Thu, 11 May 2000 14:59:02 -0400
> from PACIFIC-CARRIER-ANNEX.MIT.EDU [18.69.0.28]

> "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
>     (expanded from: <test-request at xxxxx.MIT.EDU>)

> sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
> 554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"... Service unavailable
>
> --OAA23840.958071542/xxxxx>.mit.edu

Also, I am having trouble setting up the pipermail directory to follow
symlinks.  I have the following lines in httpd.conf:

ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/home/mailman/cgi-bin/"
Alias /pipermail/ "/home/mailman/archives/public/"

<Directory "/home/mailman/archives/public">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

...but trying to open xxxxx.mit.edu/pipermail/test gives the error:

> The requested URL /pipermail/test was not found on this server.

I'd be grateful for any advice about how to correct these problems.

Alex.