[Mailman-Users] Re: broadcast only

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Wed Nov 29 22:45:00 CET 2000

Darron Froese wrote:

> On 11/29/00 12:30 PM, "Harold Paulson" <haroldp at sierraweb.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm using Dan Mick's patch to allow each list to have its own
> > templates (did this make it into 2.0 final?)
>
> Can someone point me to this patch?

It's on Sourceforge, in the Mailman Patches area.  I haven't tried to
reapply it in a long time, so if anyone runs into problems with 2.0final,
I'd be happy to update it.  I could probably go proactively do that,
in fact, if I remember.  Harold, does it work with 2.0final?

Basically, it just makes all the places that look up HTML templates
look first in the list-specific directory, as opposed to only some of them
doing that, so that you can copy any HTML template to that list-specific
directory by hand and edit it to be list-specific.

No, it's not a part of 2.0final, because Barry wasn't really happy with
the way I sorta brute-forced it into passing the list data directory,
and I kind of agree, it's a bit of a kluge, but I was trying to minimize
the diffs rather than design it more elegantly.