[Mailman-Users] Re: broadcast only

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Nov 30 00:11:37 CET 2000

At 1:39 PM -0800 11/29/00, Dan Mick wrote:

>Yup.  As I said, "broadcast-only", to me, implies "static user list".
>I see now that's not everyone's usage.

you know, one of these days, we need to sit down and define some
standard terminology -- because we all point at the elephant and call
it different things, and confuse ourselves. That'd make a great FAQ
item at some point, if we can't do it on a wider scale. (he says,
wearily realing what he's suggesting...)

>Chuq, I hope you comment on the suggested design; your perspective is
>probably valuable.

I hope to be very involved in helping put 2.1 and later together,
boht design and coding. I also hope that when I propose design
suggestions people are ruthless in ripping them apart, because that's
how we all learn and end up with good designs... (I do not believe in
ego-free programming, I do believe in "don't take it personally"
programming.. grin)

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

The vet said it was behavioral, but I prefer to think of it as genetic.
It cuts down on the liability -- Get Fuzzy