[Mailman-Users] Feature request

Barry A. Warsaw barry at wooz.org
Tue Oct 31 06:44:32 CET 2000

    BO> Persistant cookies, so I don't have to log into the damm thing
    BO> every time I start the browser.  I look after about a million
    BO> lists (okay, thirty-ish) and logging onto every list every
    BO> morning to process the bounces is a MAJOR pain.  This would
    BO> obviously be something to make optional, as it could be a
    BO> secrurity prob, but still ... it'd be nice to have the option.

A better approach (eventually) will be to authenticate yourself once
to Mailman, and then be presented with a page for all the lists you
administer.  Or if you're just a user, of all the lists you're a
member of.

Believe me, I manage many lists on python.org and (in nostalgic spirit
of the coming US presidental elections) I feel your pain.  :)

    BO> Thanks to the developers for a GREAT program, BTW.  I just
    BO> upgraded from 1.1 to 2.whateveritis with NO problems at all.
    BO> I was anticipating major nightmares and hiccups and it just
    BO> dropped in brilliantly.  I am VERY impressed!

Thanks!
-Barry