[Mailman-Users] Umbrella list problem

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 16:16:27 CEST 2000

I'm just commissioning Mailman 2.0beta5 and I've got a problem using
Umbrella lists.

For experimental purposes I've created an list called umbrella whose
members are two other Mailman lists called test1 and test2.

I've verified that in the General Administrative options for the
umbrella list the 'Send password reminders to, eg, "-owner" address
instead of directly to user.' option has 'yes' checked and that the
value for 'Suffix for use when this list is an umbrella for other
lists, according to setting of previous "umbrella_list" setting.'
option is '-owner'

When I send mail to the umbrella list, the list managers of the
member lists are each required to authorize the posting because the
'Message has implicit destination'.

Anybody got an idea of what is going on here and what I've done to
cause the problem?

Thanks.

Richard Barrett, PostPoint 27,         e-mail:r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd,      tel: (44) 121 717 6337
Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YU, England
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin, 1759